Rural Development Internships
International Institute of Rural Reconstruction (IIRR) Zimbabwe is offering an internship position to be based in Harare or Gweru.
IIRR is one of the world’s largest international NGOs that focuses exclusively on ending extreme poverty among the rural poor. IIRR maintains a staff of over 200 people across Africa and Asia. The organizations’ programs address key issues on health, education, and the environment that affect the rural communities. IIRR prioritizes the delivery of sustainable and scalable solutions that empower rural people to rise from poverty. Over the past 59 years, IIRR has attracted some of the brightest minds to its offices to help create new approaches to learning, training, and innovative solutions that improve the lives of rural communities around the world.
The intern may choose to follow one of the following four pathways:
(1) Projects/Research; (2) Advocacy/Communication; (3) Development/Partnerships; and (4) Operations.
1. Projects/Research: The participant under this program will support the design of new projects and/or assist in researching new methodologies in sustainable development. He/she will be involved in: Data Research Analytics; Monitoring and Evaluation; Project Design; Project Implementation
2. Advocacy: The participant will support the country office in initiatives that influence local, regional, national policy agendas across the key issues. He/she will be involved in: Communications; Digital Marketing; External Relations; Policy
3. Development/Partnerships: The participant will support enterprise development and design innovative resource mobilization strategies. He/she will be involved in: Corporate Social Responsibility; Grant Writing; Impact Investments; Social Enterprise
4. Operations: The participant will be working in close collaboration with the in-country leadership to support growth functions. He/she will be involved in: Budgeting; Leadership; Organizational Management; Sustainability
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (Min GPA 3.2) from a recognized institution; Masters degree in a field relevant to our work (preferred); Have graduated with a masters or bachelors degree within the last three years; Excellent writing skills with great attention to detail; Curiosity, creativity, and boldness in contributing and articulating new ideas; Ability to work well in a team and adapt to an international working environment; Independent action and proactive work; Proven interest/experience in international development or related fields
The IIRR Internship Program is an unpaid internship position. Successful candidates are expected to bear the full costs of travel, passport, visa, insurance, vaccinations, living, and accommodation in the respective locations. Participants choose an internship duration of either 3 or 6 months.
The Rural Development Internship includes a 3-round competitive selection process to evaluate the suitability of candidates. Regrettably, despite receiving many strong applications, we proceed with a limited number at each phase.
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|