Operations Manager / Administrative Officer
Working hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
Working days: Monday-Friday
Place: Milton Park, Harare
Salary: USD Salary - dependent upon experience
The Friendship Bench is an evidence-based mental health intervention developed in Zimbabwe to bridge the mental health treatment gap. We value mental well-being and strive to improvement people's quality of life through problem solving talk therapy.
The Friendship Bench Project reduces the mental health treatment gap by using a cognitive behavioural therapy based approach at local clinics to address kufungisisa. The mental intervention for depression and anxiety is accessible in all primary care clinics in Gweru, Chitungwiza and Harare. Kufungisisa, the local term for depression, is literally translated into “thinking too much”. Individual problem solving therapy is offered from a specifically trained lay health worker (locally known as "Ambuya Utano").
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and supervise general office activities, such as greeting visitors, filing, photocopying, faxing, processing outgoing and incoming mail, routing and screening all incoming calls, and distributing messages to appropriate team members.
- Ensure that meeting rooms and reception areas are ready for meetings.
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to purchasing materials, supplies, products, or services.
- Plan and coordinate staff development and monthly meetings.
- Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory.
- Maintain and safeguard organisational records.
- Manage the organization’s office and storage space.
- Perform as liaison with varies vendors, providing maintenance, security, and other occupancy services.
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Take minutes during meetings
- Prepare memos by outlining and explaining administrative procedures and policies to all workers in a supervisory capacity.
- Plan conferences and meetings and ensure that details of each event is provided to its participants
- Schedule appointments and ensure that appropriate follow up is performed
- Compose and type routine correspondence and prepare materials for special events
- Conduct inspections to ensure operational improvements and repairs to the premises
- Manage the organization’s office and storage space. Perform as liaison with varies vendors, providing maintenance, security, and other occupancy services
- Collect/approve all timecards and payroll information from employees, and transmit to payroll service.
- Distribute payroll and employee reimbursement checks.
- Assist managers with personnel issues and administration of personnel policies.
- Conduct new employee orientation, and exit interviews, forward employee materials to relevant departments.
- Maintain Employee personnel files.
- Plan and coordinate staff development
- Assist program Directors preparing and maintaining contract requirements.
- Develop external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. IT, accounting firm, and human resources.
- Code vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursement forms and transmit to Accounting Department.
- Review and approve weekly payable for processing.
- Prepare month end program reports for office equipment and send to Accounting Department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data.
- Ability to present information in a consistent, organized and accurate way.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, the Board of Directors, and the public.
- Ability to work in a self-directed, organized manner.
- Good working knowledge of office procedures and office management.
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate in both a verbal and written manner (director & above level).
- Excellent telephone receptionist skills with a thorough knowledge of telephone etiquette.
- Ability to understand technical instructions.
- General background and knowledge in accounting procedures.
- Excellent computer software skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Access), email and electronic calendar (Outlook).
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Ability to show flexibility in response to change and accommodate new methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of human resources concepts, practices, policies, and procedures
- Disciplined and able to maintain confidentiality
Desired Education and Experience:
- Associate degree and two years of related work experience or the equivalent of four years of related work experience.
- General background and knowledge in accounting procedures, bookkeeping and budget experience.
- Experience in office management, administration and good computer skills.
Please email CVs to .
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|
|Maximum Remuneration (USD per month)||USD Salary - dependent upon experience|
|Interacts With||Staff, consultants, cousellors, staff, NGOs, Gvt Departments, donors|
|Environment Culture||Hard working, energetic, positive, growing company|
|Years of Experience||4|
|Computer Experience||Must be computer literate with good excel, word and powerpoint experience and an understanding of social media|
|Personality||Efficient, organised, motivated, self-starter|
|Other||Ideally looking for someone with a personal passion for the work we do.|
Safety Tips: Your safety is important to us.