Zimbabwe National Network for People Living with HIV ZNNP+ (PLHIV) is the first network of PLHIV in Africa that led to the birth of other networks in the region, including the Botswana Network of People with HIV/AIDS (BONEPWA). With 20 years of existence, having been registered in 1999 (PVO 2/99), the network is a national umbrella body whose mandate is to represent and coordinate the interests of networks and support groups of PLHIV, with a membership of over 50000 PLHIV.
The organization operates in all the ten provinces and 65 districts of the country, with vibrant advocacy structures at ward, district, provincial and national level.
The Executive Director of ZNNP+ is accountable to the National Executive Council (NEC)/Board, under the regular direction and guidance of the NEC Chairperson. The Executive Director is the key management leader of Zimbabwe National Network for PLHIV. He/she is responsible for overseeing the administration, programming and implementation of the ZNNP+ strategic plan as well as ensuring the turnover of ZNNP+.
The key functions of the Executive Director are summarized below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Liaise with NEC/Board in order to fulfil organization's mission.
• New business development - fundraising resources for the organisation from both the private and public sector as well as maintaining and sustaining on-going donor funded programs
• Direct and manage ZNNP+ Secretariat and all related resources.
• Develop and implement a performance system for staff.
• Provide appropriate advice to the NEC, on policy, legal, and organization's development; supporting recommendations and benchmarks set by the NEC.
• Maintain a cordial and working relationship with ZNNP+ members and the NEC.
• Develop and maintain a strong cordial and working relationships with government, international community, donors, civil society and other stakeholders;
• Oversee the implementation of the strategic plan and board resolutions.
• Regularly report to the NEC/Board on issues affecting the organisation
• Attend to any other issue as requested by the NEC/Board.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The position seeks a mature individual with proven successful senior strategic management experience in resource mobilization, program planning and coordination, consensus building and asset sustainability. The director must be capable of negotiating and communicating with senior executives.
At least 10 years senior management experience in NGO sector, of which 5 years should have been through working with PLHIV.
Applicants should have a Masters' degree in Social Sciences, Law, Business, Administration or Public Health. Experience and knowledge in working with Board is an added advantage.
A clean class 4 Zimbabwe driver's license and a defensive driving certificate are a must.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria and you have the drive, you may apply by end of day 19 July 2019, indicating the position being applied for. Application must include a 450 word motivational letter, details of three contactable referees
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|
Safety Tips: Your safety is important to us.