Business Unit / Group Function:
Business Support Services
Shurugwi District, Zimbabwe
Experience / Work Type:
Entry Level / Permanent Employee
Unki Mines (Private) Limited, invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacancies which have arisen in the Protection Services Department
The position is responsible for the application of skilled security procedures within the Unki Operation to ensure that employees and assets are protected. Investigation support and emergency protection duties will be part of the activities of this role.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening, which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Duties And Responsibilities
Your daily duties will include:
• Administration systems to include implementation and coordination of security related policies and procedures.
• Legal application of security techniques.
• Conduct of surveillance activities in support of investigations.
• Maintain security facilities, equipment and personal appearance to required high standards
• Use and control of firearms and ammunition in terms of prevailing legislation.
• Application of security and communication technology.
• Assisting with implementation of Information control, safety and risk control systems.
• Compliance to Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) principles and procedures
Qualifications And Experience
• Candidates must hold at least a relevant certificate in security and risk management.
• Must have attained at least 5 “O” Levels, including English.
• Computer literate.
• Able to communicate in English.
• Clean Class 4 driver’s license.
• Firearm competent.
• No criminal record.
• Must have a minimum of three years’ experience in patrolperson role or equivalent role, plus at least one year’s experience in security systems and procedures.
• Must have minimum of two years driving experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Knowledge and experience in basic safety and risk management systems.
How To Apply
How to apply
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|
|Minimum Remuneration (USD per month)||competitive|