Pastry Arts Lecturer/Instructor
Culinary Training School looking for a Pastry Arts Lecturer.
Looking for a dynamic individual who is innovative and creative.
- Patisserie Diploma or Culinary Art Diploma
- Teaching Diploma or Certificate would be a plus
- Health and Safety Certificate
- 1 year to 5 years work experience
- contactable references
- Experience catering for large groups
1. Willingness to work beyond regular school hours
2. Responsible for teaching Health and Safety.
3. Responsible for teaching students about, supplies, pricing, menu planning, safety, and
sanitation issues that arise in the restaurant business.
4. Responsible for teaching students about Bread making, desserts, pastries, sugar work, chocolate work
5. Responsible for teaching students bakery, pastry production, and the
overall structure and work flow of a kitchen to include:
e. Storing food in accordance with health standards f. Proper preparation techniques
6. Responsible for teaching students about supplies and equipment used in the pastry arts field.
7. Responsible for teaching students about quality and cost containment standards.
8. Inform students of career opportunities in and related to the field of Culinary Arts.
9. Provide a work based learning environment, including a lab setting.
10. Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers. Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
11. Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts based on national and State of Maine standards.
12. Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
13. Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, conduct program advisory meetings, and participating in professional organizations, coursework and conferences.
14. Advise students on academic and vocational curricula, and on career issues.
15. Collaborate with colleagues.
16. Participate in student recruitment, registration, and placement activities.
17. Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies,
departmental matters, and academic issues.
18. Participate in school and community events.
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|
|Starting Date||January 2022|
|Reports To||Department Head|
|Interacts With||Students and Lecturers|
|Years of Experience||1 - 5years|