Part Time Pharmacist
A local NGO is inviting applications from a suitably qualified candidate to fill the part-time Pharmacist position that has arisen in the organization. The incumbent will report to the supervising Pharmacist and work closely with the Programme Manager. The position requires a person of integrity with good communication skills, committed to handling private and confidential information with a high degree of professionalism, and who has a strong client focus.
Duties And Responsibilities
Adhere to applicable legal rules, regulations and procedures governing pharmacy practice.
Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
1. Medicines management
• Forecasting, ordering, and ensuring adequate stocks of medicines in the pharmacy and wards.
• Ensure medicines are stored according to best international practice and local regulations.
• Assist in developing treatment guidelines/formulary for the organization.
• Dispense medicines to patients as prescribed.
• Conduct medication review of treatment prescribed including reviewing prescriptions to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Provide counselling to patients on adherence to medications, adverse reactions, and food requirements.
• Participate in the case management of individual patients.
• Organize and conduct clinical staff training especially for pharmacy related issues.
• Develop standard operating procedures and job aids to improve pharmacy systems.
• Ensure all pharmacy documents are on file and kept current.
• Provide reports to the responsible Pharmacist and management as and when required.
Qualifications And Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
2. Member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Zimbabwe with a valid Practicing Certificate.
3. Proven experience, with at least one year in a Hospital Pharmacy setting.
4. Must be self-initiating and be able to work independently.
5. Computer literate.
How To Apply
click on the email,phone or whatsapp icon to proceed with application
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|