HEAD OF AGRICULTURE
Our client, a leading manufacturing organisation is looking to fill the position of Head Agriculture. This role is specifically meant to direct and coordinate crop production. The incumbent must have 10- 15 years experience in caster bean, soya and vegetable production. A strong mathematical and analytical business acumen is of great importance for this role. Candidates should have a degree in Agriculture or related and a Masters will be an added advantage.
Duties And Responsibilities
1. Developing the Agric technical division strategic and annual business plans
2. Planning, budgets, forecasts, implementing, managing and monitoring of agricultural activities and productivity
3. Developing and managing agricultural information systems for use in the setting up of crop production targets and resource utilisation efficiency parameters.
4. Directing and coordinating worker activities ie planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, payroll, and record keeping.
5. Formulating plant protection and nutrition programmes and ensures adherence to good agronomic practices.
6. Attention to detailed operations systems and SOPs to drive productivity and quality and crop planning from field through storage house.
7. Managing and directing all Agric Training and SHE programs in the Agriculture Technical Department.
8. Drive adoption of global best practices and benchmarks with local innovation.
9. Ensuring purchase of appropriate machinery, equipment, and supplies, such as tractors, seed, fertilizer, and chemicals.
Qualifications And Experience
Degree in Agriculture or Related
Masters in Agriculture an added advantage or related
6-15 years experience in a similar role
How To Apply
click on the email , phone or whatsapp icon to procced with application
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|