Freda Rebecca Gold Mine has a vacancy for a Chemist who will be reporting to the Lab Manager in the Metallurgical Services Department
Duties And Responsibilities
ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
• Analysis of ores for Geological exploration, mining development, grade control, plant processing and optimisation.
• Quality control checking of results.
• Implementation, maintainance and improvement of ISO 17025 quality management system.
• Maintain instruments to ensure availability.
• Diagnosis of equipment and instrument problems timeously.
• Ensuring adherence to safe work practices and procedures by personnel.
• Training and supervision of staff.
• Budget control and monitoring.
• Adherence to turnaround times and good laboratory practices.
• Ensuring the integrity of daily sample results before compiling official reports.
• Provide technical recommendations and assist clients to reach viable solutions.
• Maintaining discipline in the workplace and arranging manpower and resources.
Qualifications And Experience
• Bsc Honours Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualification graded 2.1 or better.
• At least 3 years hands on experience in a metallurgical lab preferably in gold mining industry.
• Knowledge and practical skills in ISO 17025.
• A certificate In Quality Assurance would be an added advantage.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Suitable candidates who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this exciting career opportunity to send their application letters, detailed CVs and copies of academic certificates
|Offer / Seeker||Job Offer|
|Job Type||Contract to Hire|
|Minimum Remuneration (USD per month)||competitive|